It is my great privilege to be able to introduce you to the Market Weighton School. We are a small school, proud of our traditional rural heritage, yet ambitious for the future of all our students. Our size is a real strength as it enables students and their families to work closely with the teaching and support staff at the school, building positive working relationships over an extended period of time. We believe that students achieve best in a supportive and positive environment – and that is what you will find in our school. We hope that you will find these pages helpful, please contact the school should you wish to receive further information.
Mr R Harrison – Head Teacher
Our aims are for students to:
- Have the skills and confidence to thrive in a changing world
- Have the independence and resilience to take charge of their own learning and lives
- Become active and responsible as local and global citizens
- Have unlimited aspirations
In order to achieve these aims we will seek as a school to:
- Provide outstanding learning opportunities to meet individual needs
- Challenge all students to achieve ambitious personal goals
- Expect the highest standards of behaviour and mutual respect
- Establish meaningful relationships with our parents and the wider community
- Deliver up to date professional development for our staff
House points are awarded by staff to students who go above and beyond the day to day expectations of the school, this can be for any number of reasons including being a good citizen of the school, working exceptionally well within lessons or for participation in extracurricular lessons.